It’s business as usual at CHH
Your health and wellbeing is our number one priority at Canterbury Health Hub.
During this challenging time, we wanted to let you know that Canterbury Health Hub is currently open and operating as usual in accordance with latest Government recommendations and policies.
Our greatest priority remains the health and safety of our CHH reception staff, practitioners and our patients.
1. We’re strict on keeping things clean and hygienic
- At CHH we take your safety very seriously. You will notice a number of additional hand sanitisers in the clinic. Please utilise these upon entering the clinic. We will also be completing additional daily cleans to ensure sterilisation more regularly.
2. Keeping you healthy
- At CHH, we recognise that keeping you healthy and fit will stand you in good stead for the winter months ahead.
- That is why over the coming weeks, you will see handy hints, tips and exercises from us that you can do at home to keep those aches and pains at bay. We will also be sharing with you when you do need to seek professional support and how we can help you with that.
3. Please don’t attend the clinic if you are unwell or have been overseas
- Please refrain from visiting CHH if you are feeling unwell. We will happily reschedule your appointment to a time when you are feeling healthy again and have received clearance from your doctor.
- If you have returned from an overseas trip, please allow 14 days before attending your next appointment at the clinic.
4. Our clinic is open as usual
All our practitioners are available and are here to help you. Our clinic is open as usual during the following times:
- Monday: 8am – 9pm
- Tuesday: 8am – 9pm
- Wednesday: 8am – 9pm
- Thursday: 8am – 9pm
- Friday: 8am – 7pm
- Saturday: 8am – 4pm
From everyone at CHH, we look forward to providing you with the continued support and care you have come to know and trust from us over these coming months.
Dean Holzer and Angela Rennie
Owners of Canterbury Health Hub