- Osteopathic consultations are available from Monday – Saturday, including evening appointments
- A medical referral is not required for osteopathic treatment – we are government registered healthcare providers (Please note that a medical referral is only required for Veterans’ Affairs patients)
- We offer 30 minute, 45 minute, 60 minute and 90 minute Remedial Massage consultations
- Remedial Massage consultations are available from Monday – Saturday, including evening appointments
- We offer 30 minute, 45 minute, 60 minute and 90 minute Myotherapy consultations
- Myotherapy consultations are available on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, including evening appointments
- We offer 30 minute and 60 minute Pregnancy Massage consultations
- Pregnancy Massage consultations are available from Monday – Saturday, including evening appointments
- Acupuncture and Naturopathy consultations are available on a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, including evening appointments
- Osteopathic, Remedial Massage, Myotherapy, Pregnancy Massage, Acupuncture and Naturopathy consultations are GST free
Your First Treatment
Please ensure that you arrive approximately 10 minutes before the scheduled time of your initial appointment to enable you to complete our initial questionnaire form and other relevant forms. If you have any x-rays or scans, please bring them with you to your appointment for review by your Practitioner along with any other relevant information regarding medication/s that you are currently taking or have taken in the past.
After Treatment Care
At Canterbury Health Hub (formerly Osteopathy on Canterbury), we aim to achieve the highest quality treatment outcomes for you. In order that you achieve the most from your treatment, we recommend that you follow these simple guidelines:
- Try to rest for a few hours following your appointment. It is not uncommon to be slightly sore after treatment so a little rest goes a long way!
- Keep mobile – unless otherwise advised by your Practitioner, have several short walks in the following few days after your treatment and avoid sitting for long periods.
- Drink increased amounts of water – this helps to flush toxins from your system.
- Rest from vigorous activity for a few days following treatment. This includes heavy gardening and lifting weights at the gym.
- A hot shower or bath following treatment may help to relax your muscles.
Please seek advice from your Practitioner regarding these recommendations to ensure that they are appropriate for you.
Relationship With Other Health Professionals
Our team at Canterbury Health Hub strongly advocates a “multidisciplinary” approach to the management of musculoskeletal disorders. We recognise the importance of building strong referral networks with both Medical and Allied Health professionals, in the interests of improving patient care and ensuring optimal treatment outcomes for our patients.
As such, we have developed a wonderful referral network with like-minded practitioners within our area, ranging from Pilates instructors to General Practitioners and Specialists. Please ask your Practitioner if you require further information.